Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mommy2kh mommy2kh is offline

Default Using AVERAGE with conditions in different worksheets?

I have a workbook where in sheet 1 there is a list of items (such as apple,
pear, orange). In sheet 2 these items are listed with various prices. How
can I set up a formula that will take each item in the list in sheet 1 and
find all the matches in sheet 2 and then determine the average price
associated with it? I am looking for a forumla I can put in sheet 1 and then
copy for the entire list so I won't have to retype the forumla each time.
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Sheet 1
apple
orange
pear