Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default separating text from cells

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 07:38:01 -0700, kikilein
wrote:

Thank you all so much for all your replies. I will try one by one to see if
something works for me (I am not so good when it comes to VBA and Macros :-)
but will venture this out). I will report back.

BTW: the names are listed as follows: first_name middle_initial. last_name
(althought the middle initial is missing in some of the names).

Then, after downloading and installing morefunc.xll as I posted previously,
just use these formulas:

First Name: =REGEX.MID(A2,"^\w+(?=\s)")
Middle Initial: =REGEX.MID(A2,"(?<=\s)\w\.?(?=\s)")
Last Name: =REGEX.MID(A2,"\w+$")

--ron