Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default how can i average more than 30 fields?

What formula are you using?

The Average() function will work over an entire column!

If you have blank cells in the weekly average column (not 0's), you could
use something like this:

=Average(E:E)

Where the weekly average formula in Column E was something like this *array*
formula:

=IF(A1:C1<0,AVERAGE(A1:C1),"")

--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

--

HTH,

RD

"tee" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a bowling league spreadsheet. The bowling league
consists of 32 weeks. I need to figure each bowlers individual average for
32 weeks which is done by adding up the weekly averages and dividing by the
numbers of weeks bowled. The program won't let me average more than 30
fields.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks