Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default how can i average more than 30 fields?

What's your current formula look like?

AVERAGE can have up to 30 arguments.

If you're working with non-contiguous cells like this:

=AVERAGE(A1,A5,A10,A15,A20.....etc)

There's a way to get around having to enter individual references.

Post your formula and/or tell us EXACTLY what cells need averaged. The more
details you provide the better chance of getting a solution.

Biff

"tee" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a bowling league spreadsheet. The bowling league
consists of 32 weeks. I need to figure each bowlers individual average
for
32 weeks which is done by adding up the weekly averages and dividing by
the
numbers of weeks bowled. The program won't let me average more than 30
fields.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks