Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
luvthavodka luvthavodka is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT/HLOOKUP Query

I have a spreadsheet that records information weekly. I'm looking to set up
another spreadsheet that takes the information from this one and inputs
themothly totals/averages (depending on the data).

My first spreadsheet has Row 1 showing Jan Jan Jan Jan Feb Feb Feb Feb Feb
Mar etc (the number of time the month shows depends on the number of weeks in
that month).

Row 2 has the week number ie 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc.

Column A has various headings (the first being number of hours)

I want my new spreadsheet to count the sum of hours relating to the month of
Jan. I'm assuming for this I need to use HLOOKUP as the data is stored
horizontally. So far I can only get HLOOKUP to return the data from the first
time it sees Jan in the row.

Can anyone assist me with a formula using SUMPRODUCT combined with HLOOKUP
to calculate all of the times it sees Jan?

Any other ideas would also be greatly apreciated!!!