Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David David is offline

Default Sum data between 2 dates ie 01Jun-30Jun

An alternative would be to split the date so you have say: -

Row Column A Column B
1 2 June
2 24 June
3 13 April

You could then use SUMIF. Using the example above you would use the
following formula: -

=SUMIF(1B:3B,"June",1A:3A)

To explain the above: -

The formula first of all searches 1B:3B

The second part "June" is what it looks to find in the range 1B:3B

The final bit 1A:3A is the list of values and it calculates the sum of the
corresponding cells where it finds "June" or whatever criteria you set.

I hope that this helps.

--
David

"PamelaJ" wrote:

I'm trying to sum information on another worksheet.

01-Jun in column a and 15 in column b
25-Jun in column a and 20 in column b
01-Aug in column a and 30 in column b

to give me total for Jun in another worksheet with a total value of 35
(ie adding just the month of June

Can anyone help?

--
PamelaJ