Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] Skihde@yahoo.com is offline

Default Changing Where Data Validation List Boxes Open in Mac Excel 2004

Hi All,

I'm running an app I created in Excel 2003 for PC and am trying to
convert a version of the app for Mac Excel 2004. My main problem: I
have data validation lists that open half-off screen. Aside from
inserting new columns (which doesn't really work, I've tried), is there
any way to have data validation list boxes open directly *below* or *on
top of* the cells they are tied to? My data validation list host cells
are merged and fairly wide (about a third of the screen, they are used
for a series of sentence comments), thus the drop-down list is wide as
well. When the drop-down list opens, however, it opens to the *left* of
the wide cells, thus "cutting off" half of the data validation list.
Changing the zoom sort of works, but I'm open to any other solution.

Thanks much,
Stephan