Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Twitos Twitos is offline

Default Reference to cells using autofilter problem

Hello,
my problem seems pretty simple. Let's say I have a sheet with 3 columns:
first name, last name and age. I enable the "autofilter" function to decide
if I want to sort by first name or last name. Somewhere on another sheet I
make a reference to someone's age. Let's say that I point to Bill on row 3 so
his age is in cell C3. If on another sheet I make a reference to C3 (for
bill's age) but then I use the autofilters to change the sort... the other
sheet still refers to C3 instead of being updated with Bill's new cell for
his age.

I just realised that when I use the SORT function, it still does the same
thing... the reference doesn't get updated if I resort.. How do I do this??

Am I missing something? I of course want to have the cross-sheet references
updated when resorting!