Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Excel Change sign of displayed # to - #

Upon reflection, what I just gave you won't work - went back and re-read your
original problem. And you want the sign of the value to change if it drops
below 2500 (or other limit). Can't think of a way to do that in a single
cell.

But what if you change the format using the Conditional Format as before to
set the fill color to bright red and make the text Bold White - or maybe even
just Bold. The bold should catch the eye, and white characters on a dark
background would be a big clue also?

"Gene" wrote:

Thanks for the first step

That did work in one case but I still need to have a cel' "sign" changed. as
it is now I can change the color to read but is does not change it to a -
number so that it will show brackets as a negitive number.

If printed in b/w, i could not now tell that it is a negitive number.

Got to find a step to convert "+" numbers into "-" numbers.

"JLatham" wrote:

Use Conditional Formating. It is an option under Format in the menu bar.

"Gene" wrote:

I have an expense sheet calculated, need to show the sum of the "+" number in
a cell that does a subtraction of 2 numbers .. income and subsidized ... as a
- that it negitave amount in red if it is less than a specific numbe. ie 2500

Any suggestions?