Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vikky Vikky is offline

Default PING within Excel Cell

Hi Steve

You can try this formula

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,A2:A84,1,0)),"Fail","Succes s")

hope this would help you.

Regards

Vikky

Steve wrote:
I have a column of workstation ID's, around 4000 entries. I want the next
column to give me a PING result (simply Success or Fail will do). Is this
possible? I already have a tool to do multiple ping's that I can export and
paste in, but I want it to be live in Excel.

Ideally I would set the sheet to manual calculation, and it would only
update the result when I hit F9 to calculate, or it would only update results
when I hit a Macro or something, otherwise I know it would probably be slow!

Rgds
Steve