Bob Phillips

John,

They really need to be educated. The effort to force Excel to behave in this
way must be magnitudes more than it would take for them to adapt.

Get them to be realistic.

--

HTH

RP

"John B" <John wrote in message
This is maybe another variation of the excel instance issue. I have an
Access app that uses bound object frames to manage document data. Each

open
document of whatever type gets its own bound object frame bound to an OLE
Object table record. With Word and other apps, opening multiple documents
results in multiple instances of the app. This is the that the users want
things to work. With Excel, only one instance of Excel is opened no

matter
how many documents are opened. Each doc has its own bound object frame

bound
to its own table record but there is only one instance of excel. The

users
find this very unnatural and would like to see the same behavior as Word,
each doc in its own instance. I have tried all combinations of Windows in
Taskbar and Ignore other apps and the behavior is always the same, only

one
instance of Excel.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to force separate instances of Excel,

one
per worksheet?