Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wiley Wiley is offline

Default This has been asked, but not answered...

How about drawing your border, and then set the Print Area to include only
that area. Next under Page Setup, set it to "Fit to 1 Pg wide by 1 Pg Tall".
You will be albel to insert new rows and keep the border. Once you reach a
row count that would normaly cause a addition of a new page, the area will be
reduced in size (font and all) to keep fitting on oen page. If this is not
acceptabel, the only other way i knwo of doing it would be to create a
macro. Or just redraw the border when you add records.

"Kycajun" wrote:

I am needing to set a page border in excel. If I just draw a border around
the whole page, it works, until I have to go back and insert a record later.
Obviously it moves everything down, including the drawn border. What I need
is to basically have a permanent border around a set print area. Can this be
done? I have searched this topic and it has been asked, but not clearly
answered. I know you geniuses know the answer!!! Thanks!