Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Hopkins Gary Hopkins is offline

Default Convert numbers to text

Thanks again! Right before I opened up this post I think I figured it out.

I used the formula TEXT(A1,0) and it seems to work perfectly now.

Have a good day!

Gary

"Marcelo" wrote in message
Gary, try to test if the both figures (numbers and text) return true if
compared

=a1=b1

if it's false, and I think will be, try to use =text(a1,"####")

regards

"Gary Hopkins" escreveu:

Marcelo, thanks for the quick reply. However, I did try formatting the

cells
to text, and it did not seem to work.

I'm using vertical looking and comparing some numbers to another group

of
numbers that were originally pasted in as text, so it's not working

since
the first group is numbers and not text. The formatting of the cells to

text
did not seem help and the vlookup returned the result of #N/A. If I put

the
apostrophe in front of the numbers, the vlookup does return the result

I'm
looking for.

Thanks

Gary

"Marcelo" wrote in message
hi Gary,

select the range and format as a text

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Gary Hopkins" escreveu:

Hi, how can I convert a number in a cell to a text value?

Normally I would just edit my cell and put an apostrophe in front of

the
number to make it a text cell, however I don't see doing this to

1000+
rows
as something very fun and I'm sure there must be a different way of

doing
this.. ?

Thanks

Gary