Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Katie Katie is offline

Default How do I get my Validation Lists to keep their formatting?

I am trying to get the formatting from my List to remain when it is imported
into the drop down list on my spreadsheet.... IE: I have a drop down list
with "Y" for Yes and N for No. The Y is in BOLD Red and the N is in Bold
Black but when I go to the sheet that has the validation drop down list
inserted into it the Y and the N both show up only as black. I need the Y to
show as BOLD Red so that we can track the "Y" easier. Can anyone help?

Also, I have a name list with over a hundred names as a drop down list and
it will not allow the user to freehand a name into the box if the name is
missing from the validation list. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong
there as well?