Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pork1977 pork1977 is offline

Default Autocorrect Question?

Here's a question for you all.
I have an excel sheet that is produced via an export of data from
Crystal Reports. One of the columns holds a list of all different codes
that are all in my autocorrect list. Now if I were to just type these
codes into a cell then the autocorrect function would just replace it
as I type it, but as they have been exported straight into the
worksheet from a database, they are all listed without being
automatically corrected, see below.

SUBJECTS
HDWDM
HDWSUQ
HDWDM
CASV10GCI
ADANGT
NCAERR
ADMPI
CASV10GCI
HDWDM

To change them I either have to double click in each one then click out
the cell or select the cell, press F2 then ENTER, then F2, then ENTER
and so forth as it works it's way down the list replacing each as I
go.

What I want to know is that *"is there a way where you can select all
and get them all to be replaced with their corresponding names in the
autocorrect list, without manually selecting each one everytime."*

I currently have to do this everyday and it's a real pain, I've been
looking for sometime to try and find a solution but don't even know if
it's possible to do.

--
pork1977
pork1977's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36353