Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
R..VENKATARAMAN R..VENKATARAMAN is offline

Default X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data - help!

did you try this

righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis
choose <scale
UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed between categories.

"Janet" wrote in message
Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under annual
income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and subtracting
spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options. Seems you
can't even use the same number of spaces between each because if you add
between two of them, adding the same number of spaces doesn'tnecessarily
work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to mess with and can't
find an easy way to do this.