Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default Can Excel 2003 cell link carry with it the source cell format?

I was afraid of that....

Thanks Biff for the quick response... its saved me a lot of time trying to
figure out how to do it.

"Biff" wrote:

Is this possible........with standard Excel worksheet functions

No.

If the source cells are conditionally formatted then you can apply that same
CF to the formula cells.

Biff

"Tom" wrote in message
I'm using simple links as well as Vlookups to retreive data from another
workbook. However, I need to not only retreive the cell content I need to
copy the source cell format, i.e. shading, text coloring, etc. I can't
use
manual format pasting as the format in the source cell can change at
anytime
based on other users' input.

Is this possible (and how) with standard Excel worksheet functions to do
this (i.e. without using something like a macro/VBA)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks