Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default This is more complicated than it looks.

Fixed it.
http://www.jlathamsite.com/uploads/S...nchlist_v3.xls

I got too focused on trying to close up gaps in the other version. And even
though it didn't do that, I thought it was picking up what it needed to.
Obviously not, and obviously because I didn't test it enough.

I simplified the formulas on the individual sheets - they basically now have
a one-to-one relationship with rows on the Master sheet. What it boils down
to is that they echo whatever is on a row on the master sheet on the same row
on the other sheets when the choice made in Column G on the Master sheet
matches the entry in A$3 on each of the other sheets. You can still filter
by non-blank rows to close up the gaps for neatness.

Let me know if there turns out to be something else I've overlooked.

"dollarbill79" wrote:

I got to using the spreadsheet and for the most part it works fantastic
except one thing. if i have more than one row with the same contractor
(column 3) it only transfers the first item on the list. i started to
fiddle with the formula but it got me frustrated. i attatched my latest
copy.

|Filename: SebastianPunchlist_V2 with bugs.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5012 |

dollarbill79
dollarbill79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36212
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560052