Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
redneck joe redneck joe is offline

Default calculate based on color

Every time ya'll have helped I was working on something for the
corporate office, now I've been transferred to the corporate office -
not sure if that's good or bad...

Routing and scheduling workbook with multiple tabs. We have three
colors of rows to signify the status (open, closed, issue)

I want to calculate the number of blue rows (issue) to the front
(summary) tab. Is that possible, like a COUNTIF formula?? I could
just add another regular formula and have numerical codes for the same
thing, but there is aready enough business going on in there.

If not possible, any ideas? The open/losed calculation is no big deal,
but there are about 30 different subsets under "issue" and don't really
want to do another giant validation...

--
redneck joe

redneck joe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32570