Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
buechler66 buechler66 is offline

Default Hyperlink - Passing a cell reference

I feel like I'm getting very close to calling my executable file from
within my Excel spreadsheet. My executable requires I pass one
parameter which is a fully qualified file path and filename. I can
successfully execute the .Exe (with no parameter) by using this
Hyperlink function:

=HYPERLINK("c:\ttmsapps\compiled\deletefile.exe", "Delete")

What I can't seem to get is the syntax passing a cell reference as a
parameter. When I attempt it referencing cell F5 like this:

=HYPERLINK("c:\ttmsapps\compiled\deletefile.exe " & F5, "Delete")

I can mouse over the hyperlink and see that it shows the ' & F5'
resolving properly. However, when I click on the hyperlink I get the
error "Cannot locate the Internet server or Proxy server".

Any suggestions here?

By the way, cell F5 resolves to:
./toarchive/exfc/sarg/im/stacy/oldscans.sas7bdat

--
buechler66
buechler66's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36333