Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
craig@help craig@help is offline

Default formulas/function require (2)

Please bear me with this as I'm fairly new to this:-

Im currently working on a project with the excel however I'm totally
stuck on formulas/function that i needs.

(1)I need to 'ASK' execel to 'TYPE' "X" or "Y" on the base of what year
did a job started, e.g rewiring, central heating etc.

I have tried this:-

=if(or(g10<$a$1,g10<$a$s),"X","Y")

(a1=01/04/2005)
(b1=31/03/2005)

It will work only if a job has started, if no job star, then a "X" or
"Y" will appears, how do we get the function to work only when a job
started please?

(2)

There is another one that I'm stuck with, if a date has been input in
a1 with =a1 in colunm b1, a date will appear but if N.W.R (no work
require) or D/C (disclaimer), then N.W.R and D/C will appear in b1, is
there a formulas/function that will work for only DATE, not text? Make
any sense? if not, let me know i can see if i include attachment(??)

TA

--
craig@help
craig@help's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36201