Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Will Will is offline

Default Conditional Formating using Dates

Never mind. My excel was defaulted to the R1C1 style cell ref instead of the
A1 cell ref. The copy formula works great now! Thanks!!

"Will" wrote:

Ok, and it will only let me select 1 "source" cell. For example: In column 3
rows 6-15, I want the color to change to red when the current date has
elapsed the dates entered in column 8 row 6-15. So, looking at my last
posts, let me be clearer. The cells containing the dates (source) that I
wish to use, are not the ones that I want to change color when the current
date has elapsed them. So basically, I'm referencing one group of cells in
one column to look at another group of cells in a different column.

Doing it your way, my rows in column 3 are only referring to the 1st row
selected as the source (row 6) in column 8, meaning, they all turn color when
a date is entered into R6C8 but not when entered into say R7C8 or R8C8. They
are only recognizing info in R6C8.

I did not explain this well in above posts, so I hope it's clearer now what
I am needing and if not, well, I'll just have to fidle with it.

Nastec, paste-special format doesn't work (it still keeps the absolute cell
ref). For example: formula in cell R3C10 is =R3C10<R3C7 (green), copy R3C10
then paste-special format to R7C10. Formula stays =R3C10<R3C7 (green)
instead of changing to =R7C10<R7C7 (green). I'm copying within the same
column to different rows and when I try entering any of these $, it gets
angry and says the formula is wrong. So, if you were me, using this exact
formula in my example, show me what the formula would look like with these $
where they should go to get the copy to work.

Thanks for being patient through my explanations. I'm not explaining myself
very well but you guys have helped me to get my report to run smoother.