Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ConnieMS ConnieMS is offline

Default Grouping data in pivot table columns

My data source is all sales for the year with each transaction listed by
date. So in my data area, I have the qty sold. Then the column fields are
year and month. I know in the data field it lets you drag over the field
twice and would just title it data and data2, but it doesn't allow that in
the column field so I don't know how I would drag the months over seperately.

Thanks

"linglc" wrote:

Try this and see if it works. When you pull the column into the data area of
the pivot table, pull it according to the order of column i.e. start with
May2006, then May2005, May2006 YTD and May2005 YTD

"ConnieMS" wrote:

I'm a beginner with pivot tables and I'm trying to set up columns on my pivot
table to compare data with the prior year. I would like to have the columns
compare monthly data side by side, then year to date side by side as follows:

May2006 May2005 May2006 YTD May2005 YTD

So far, I have only been able to group the data so that I have:

May2006 May2006 YTD May2005 May2005 YTD

Any ideas?