Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default A macro for data consolidation

Hi SR

With Sheets("Sheet1")
.Visible = True
.Select
MsgBox "Hi"
.Visible = False
End With

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"SR" wrote in message ...
Thanks Ron. I got it.

One more question- Could you please tell me the syntax for unhide a
worksheet and then hide it back. that will help me complete my macro

--
sr

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi SR

Read the info on my site about the reference
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"SR" wrote in message ...
Thanks, I am trying use your coes to get my obj. while running the macro i
faced error on following line in getdata macro-

Dim rsData As ADODB.Recordset
Is it due to version mismatch?

--

sr

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"SR" wrote in message ...
I might sound like I need spoon feeding but I know very little about VB code.
I have "n" number of xcel files of same format and sheet name. data I need to
consolidate is from col B from 2 sheets of each file. I want to create a
summary report from all these files. I have created a summary xcel file where
i have created two sheets and manually copy col B from each files. then put
some formula in Summary sheet to calculate and produce the report.

I want to create a macro to avoid these manual copy/paste. not definite
number of files. so the macro should open all the files with the
"bbbbbbbb*.xls" from a particular folder. and copy col b from each of two
sheet to the two destination sheet in the summary file and then close and
repeat this for all the open files.

Can some one help please
--
sr