Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Greater Than / Less Than Problem

My apologies
Ardus' solution only appeared after posting mine (far easier logic) and
I noticed his correction to <11.
I too had misread your posting and assumed you wanted to include 11.
My formula would need to be modified to use INT(B6:B35/11)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

As an alternative to Countif you could use the Sumproduct function
=SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(B6:B35/12)=0),B6:B35)

Taking the Integer of the numbers in your range divided by 12, will
return 0 for all values below 12, and 1 for any values greater than
11.
The first part of the test will therefore return True when less than
or equal to 11, and False when greater than 11.
The double unary minus -- coerces these True's to 1 and False's to 0.
Sumproduct then multiplies each of the values in your range by 1 or 0
and sums the results where all values outside the range 0 to 11 will
have been converted to 0.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Max" wrote in message
countif(B6:B35,"0<11")

One way, try:
=COUNTIF($B$6:$B$35,"0")-COUNTIF($B$6:$B$35,"=11")
--
Max
Singapore
"Mhz" wrote:

Don't want to sound silly here, but I am actually having a problem
with
a formula that will allow me to count only values greater than 0 but
less than 11. Is this Possible in 1 unique formula? Heres the
situation:

Within Column B6:B35, I want a count of any number that is greater
than 0 but less than 11. I tried the following but it returns a 0:

countif(B6:B35,"0<11")

Thanks In Advance for any help here...

--
Mhz