Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sanbitter Man Sanbitter Man is offline

Default xlstart

Another solution to consider is this one I made up tonight:

Within ToolsOptionsGeneral (tab) it looks like Excel will not allow you to
point the "At startup, open all files in:" to the already existing XLSTART
folder/directoy on you local hard drive. After saving and moving my old
PERSONAL.XLS to another folder (leaving XLSTART blank) I first undisabled
(HelpAbout Microsoft ExcelDisabled items) the PERSONAL.XLS file and then
created a new macro (via recording) and saved it to my personal macro
workbook. I went back into the XLSTART folder and replaced the PERSONAL.XLS
for the older version that included all my older macros. It workded fine
(maybe the disabling was all it took, but I'm not sure).