Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Macros in Excel Worksheet

Good to hear you're sorted out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:21:02 -0700, dknorwood
wrote:

Great! That did the trick. I hadn't realized that there must be some linkage
with other copies of the worksheet. Fortunately, I only had a few test
worksheets that I was experimenting with.

Thanks again!

dknorwood

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You will have to check each worksheet for any stray code.

Expand "Microsoft Excel Objects" to see sheets and Thisworkbook

D-Click to open a sheet module. Select and clear anything you find.

Also check Thisworkbook module for stray code.

And if any Forms, remove them.

See Debra Dalglesih's site. Maybe something we've forgotten.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

Gord

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:51:01 -0700, dknorwood
wrote:

Thanks. This helped, but doesn't seem to clear the problem. Still getting
the enable/disable popup. Any chance that I have managed to tie this into a
general worksheet setup?

dknorwood

"bpeltzer" wrote:

Delete the module, not just the macros within the module. From any sheet,
alt+F11 to open the VB editor. Right-click on module1 in the project
explorer (probably visible on the top left; if not View Project Explorer)
and select "Remove Module1...".

"dknorwood" wrote:

I created a couple of macros for a custom worksheet. I have since deleted
them. However, every time the worksheet is opened I still get the popup
asking if I want to enable/disable macros. There are none to enable/disable.
Ideas?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP