Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gwyndalf Gwyndalf is offline

Default Set solver constraints so variables are either 1 OR 0.

I have an array which consists of some 100 variables but each can only be 1
or zero. (0.3 of a vehicle is meaningless!!!) If I place the constraints of
=0 and <=1 and INT(all seperate line entries) the solver still wastes many

iterations with decimal numbers resulting in a long time to work out the
solution. The variables are used to specify the numbers of vehicle types
needed to tramsport a certain number of passengers. Each vehicle has a
different capacity and a different cost. I wish to find the cheapest
solution hence the variables array.

Can anyone offer a solution to the subject problem? Many Thanks.