Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default I can't change colors in certain Excel cells

Two things I can think of.

1. FormatConditional Formatting is producing the color.

Select one of the cells and check to see if any CF applied.

2. Event code is changing the color. The event code could be in Thisworkbook
module or in the sheet module.

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code" to see if any code there.

Right-click on the Excel Icon at top left of menu bar and "View Code" to check
for code.

Let us know what you find.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:22:01 -0700, ArmyDad
wrote:

A colleague created an Excel worksheet. When entering info in certain cells
he has highklighted in yellow, I can't change the clor or if I do, when I
save, the changed cell reverts back to its original yellow