Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Average Time Difference

Jon,

Not clear whether over and under are treated the same or not, but try this

=AVERAGE(IF(C7:S7<"",ABS(B7-C7:S7)))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jonhunt" wrote in
message ...

I have a deadline time entered as 10:11 in B7. In c7 through s7 I have
the actual times, i.e. 10:06. In most instances the deadline was met,
but in a few it was not. I'd like to have the average time variance
between the deadline and the actual. I'm not very sophisticated in
formulas, so my way would probably involve a string that's far too
long. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks,

Jon

--