Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RHinNC RHinNC is offline

Default I need to go back to school! Help w/ formula please..

Try this: Enter 1/3/2006 in A1.

In A2 type =A1+7 then copy formula down.

"Bambers" wrote in message
I promise to register for an Excel class next semester! For now I need a
quick fix pretty please? There has to be an easier way besides typing the
same formula row after row after row.. Here's what I am trying to do...

A B
1 1-3-2006 7
2=A1+B1
3
4

This works fine giving me the date of 1-10-2006 in cell A2. What I cant
get
is how can I take the answer (value?) to my formula given to me in cell A2
and continue down the row. It would look something like this...

A B
1 1-3-2006 7
2 1-10-2006
3 1-17-2006
4 1-24-2006
5 1-31-2006

In other words I would like to make a list of dates a week apart starting
with 1-3-2006 and continue down the column. I'm sure I've made this more
complicated in my head than it needs to be. Maybe I've been staring at it
too
long! =-)

Comments encouraged..

Thanks,