Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Conditional Formating using Dates

If you did as I suggested, there is no need to copy, they are all set in a
block action.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Will" wrote in message
Lol, that's ok. That's what I needed, thanks! Works great. Now I just

need
to figure out how to copy them to different cells as a series instead of a
straight copy. It's been a pain redoing all of them one at a time. :)

"nastech" wrote:

= ... sorry, wasn't sure you didn't know how to do conditional

formats...
just woke up while ago :o

"Will" wrote:

Perfect!! Now, when the current date is the same as the date entered

into
the cell it turns clear so what's the sign for greater than or equal

to in
formula speak?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Select all of the target cells, let's assume the first is B3

Goto CF, FormatConditional Formatting

Change Condition1 to Formula Is

Add a formula of =B3<TODAY()

Select Pattern tab

Select a colour

OK out

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Will" wrote in message
1. I need a my cells containing dates to highlight red when the

current
date
passes the date within the cell (basically I need to know when

things are
behind).

2. How do I copy a conditional format from one cell and have it

apply to
different one (basically I want to do a series). I've even tried

using
the
special paste tool and selected formating and it still applies to

the
original cell and not the new one(ie: format 1 =R5C7 and when

copied to
row
7, column 7 it will still format to =R5C7 instead of =R7C7).

There are no
$
in the formula to be removed so it will do a series (I read this

in
someone
else's post). How can I do this?