Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Conditional Formating using Dates

Select all of the target cells, let's assume the first is B3

Goto CF, FormatConditional Formatting

Change Condition1 to Formula Is

Add a formula of =B3<TODAY()

Select Pattern tab

Select a colour

OK out

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Will" wrote in message
1. I need a my cells containing dates to highlight red when the current

date
passes the date within the cell (basically I need to know when things are
behind).

2. How do I copy a conditional format from one cell and have it apply to

different one (basically I want to do a series). I've even tried using

the
special paste tool and selected formating and it still applies to the
original cell and not the new one(ie: format 1 =R5C7 and when copied to

row
7, column 7 it will still format to =R5C7 instead of =R7C7). There are no

$
in the formula to be removed so it will do a series (I read this in

someone
else's post). How can I do this?