Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DCSwearingen DCSwearingen is offline

Default COUNTIF and SUMIF Functions

Yes, I guess I did answer my own question.

Almost as soon as I posted I saw several other questions regarding
COUNT and COUNTIF, after reading them, I tried the SUMPRODUCT route.
Had to go to a couple of MVP references to see how the double minus
sign impacted the formula. Excel Help does not make that distinction
anywhere I could find.

My understanding is that basically the double minus sign, turns that
portion of the function into a more flexible IF function since it
returns a 1 for TRUE, and then the manipulation can be made for the
true tests.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to our issues...

--
DCSwearingen

Getting old, but love computers.
DCSwearingen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21506