Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Limit character count in cell from left

To do it without using another column, just highlight the column, then do
Data TextToColumns FixedWidth Next and set the column break line
where you want it Next click on the top of the column with the unwanted
characters and then check the button DoNotImportColumn(Skip) Finish

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"BMF" wrote:

This may have already been answered, but I'm going to ask it anyway : )

I work with the same spread sheet every day and I need to limit the
character count in one of the date cells. The text come in as:

200607120910
and I need it to take off the hour and minute of the time stamp:
20060712

Thanks in advance.

--
BMF