Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matt Nichols Matt Nichols is offline

Default Finding and Highlighting Similar but not Identical Cells in a Colu

Hello, I am currently working on a very large contact database for a
commercial real estate firm, in which I need to remove duplicate names. I
have successfully removed all of the exact duplicates, but their remains
hundreds of contacts that are duplicates, but are spelled differently (such
as a typo or an added initial).

For example, lets say this is my column:

John Allbright
John A. Allbright
Josh Smith
Ken Black
Ken Blac

I need a function or a macro that will highlight the similar cells, meaning
the first two and last two entries. I need to manually delete one of each
repeat.

Please help!