Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default My first post - Please Help (Formula for adding Values)

Well I am glad to see a smile after the tone of the previous post.

Personally, I don't think it is a moot point, or that one is more confusing
than the other. Neither is arcane, they both have vagaries, idiosyncrasies,
call it what you may, that you need to understand if you want to use them
effectively. If you (you being one, the OP) just wants a solution (which too
many do unfortunately), then the SUMPRODUCT solution is better as it will
work out of the box, not need to explain anything such as CSE. I am not
saying that is an argument in favour of SP, just a factor.

Myself, I think array formulae are great, I think that SP formulae are
great. Sometimes better to use one, sometimes the other.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob Phillips wrote:
Arcane, don't make me laugh.
Ever wondered why people ask why an array formula doesn't work?

Touche'. I expected that response, exactly as you said it ;-). I
don't think either one of us can prove which is more confusing and
which invokes more questions. It's a moot point.