Otto Moehrbach

Carolly
This is the process by which you learn. I didn't know anything about
VBA either, until I learned. If you wish, send me, direct, a small file
showing what you have and the layout of it, and what you want to happen when
you do what you do. I'll work with you and between you and me we'll come up
with something you can use. My email address is .
Remove the "nop" from this address. HTH Otto
"Carolly" wrote in message
Thanks Otto but unfortunately I know absolutely nothing aabout VBA.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Carolly
Another way is to use VBA (automation). I have found that VBA is the
most versatile way to do these kinds of things. Post back if this
interests
you. HTH Otto
"Carolly" wrote in message
I recently took a part-time job as bookkeeper for an organization where
need to be able to print a report on demand of current finances. I
have a
workbook with 3 sheets. The first one is the General Ledger Report,
2nd,
receipts, and 3rd, lists the disbursements. My general ledger is:
Begin.
Bal. plus Receipts minus Disburs, plus or minus transfers =ending
balance.
The Ledger is listed by categories while the other two sheets are
entered
by
the date each action occurs. Although I have used Excel for some time,
have
only dealt with the simpler formulas and have never linked sheets
together
in
a workbook. Is it possible to link the receipts and disbursements to
the
General Ledger so that every time I make an entry, it will reflect in
my
General Ledger report? Any info will be appreciated. Using Excel
2003
SP1