Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gary m gary m is offline

Default Look up date on another sheet and do count of active cells (column

Bob:
The correction you provided re 255 columns was right, however the correct
string turned out to be -1,1,1,255 - using 1 instead of 0. Using this string
and testing it, the answers are correct. Still trying to understand whole
string so can't tell why it works yet but that is correct string. Appreciate
all the help. Thanks,
Gary

"gary m" wrote:

I have an Excel summary sheet that retrieves daily data from departmental
sheets based on date search (eg. TODAY()-1,etc.. I need a formula that will
go to the sheet, search for the date and then "Count" the cells in columns
next to the date that have data. I have used vlookup to find specific cells
but can't seem to 'count' multiple cells/columns next to the date. As you can
see, I am somewhat an inexperienced user. Thanks for the help.