James

I have done this and when I doubleclick I get to the "edit" window, expand
the window to include the entire table and then click back into the
powerpoint slide, the result is simply that the original data content
stretches - it doesn't include the entire table - it just displays the same
data just stretched longer. In the past, I've been able to accomplish this
with no issues. But not this workbook - I wonder if there is a setting or
something I have done to cause the window resizing not to work?

Any other ideas?

"FuadsCurse" wrote:

Select and Copy the data you want to appear in the PowerPoint slide.

In PowerPoint select the slide you want to paste the data into, select Paste
Special and then select 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.'

You will more than likely need to resize the pasted object.

If you choose to use the object itself to resize, you MUST select a corner
and drag it out to make it larger or in to make it smaller if you want to
keep the proportions of the font, table, etc. the same. If you drag from the
top/bottom/side, proportions will be changed.

Alternatively, you can right-click the object and select Format Object from
the menu that appears - this allows you to adjust size, color, position, etc.

Paste Special also allows you to link the object so changes you make to the
table will be automatically updated in your PowerPoint presentation. I have
found this rather useful as management is forever making changes prior to the
actual event.

Good luck.

"James" wrote:

I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once
pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data
table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply
stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the
excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able
to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a
different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in
excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!