Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default funtions for colors for fonts or cell backgrounds?

See Chip Pearson's site for highlighting duplicates using Conditional
Formatting.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:47:14 -0400, lostinformulas
<lostinformulas.2aso1h_1152643811.2332@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote:

I have a similar type question, I have thousand of lines of information
an need to have duplicate infromation highlighted or font color change
for easy viewing. I sort the worksheet by the part number column "B"
Example:
Row Column "B"
1 H0000983400008
2 H0000983400009
3 H0000983400010
4 H0000983400010
5 H0000983400010
6 H0000983400011
7 H0000983400012
8 H0000983400013
9 H0000983400014
10 H0000983400015
11 H0000983400016
12 H0000983400017
13 H0000983400018
14 H0000983400019
15 H0000983400020
16 H0000983400021
17 H0000983400022

I would like the cell to highlight or change the color of font on cells
4B & 5B, because this part number has appeared in the row above.