Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gary m gary m is offline

Default Look up date on another sheet and do count of active cells (column

Bob:
Date only appears once. Dates are in column b only, b8 thru b39 for the days
of the month. The sales by item for each date is next to it in columns C thru
H, so for Jul1 the date would be in b8 and the numbers would be in c8 thru
H8. Below is how structured with total of six item columns. The formula needs
to find the date and then count, in this case C8..H8 for July 1.

B C D E F G
Date Item 1 Item 2
7/1/06 322.00 300.00
7/2/06 312.00

Tried to apply your formula to this without success. Thanks for the help.

"gary m" wrote:

I have an Excel summary sheet that retrieves daily data from departmental
sheets based on date search (eg. TODAY()-1,etc.. I need a formula that will
go to the sheet, search for the date and then "Count" the cells in columns
next to the date that have data. I have used vlookup to find specific cells
but can't seem to 'count' multiple cells/columns next to the date. As you can
see, I am somewhat an inexperienced user. Thanks for the help.