Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dman dman is offline

Default value from cell x according to cell Y

I appreciate the help, but the formula did not work. I'll see if I can
rephrase it, but I don't think this solution is going to exist..

If A2 has a "1" in it, I need the value from D2 added to B5
If A3 has a "1" in it, I need the value from D3 added to B5

If A2 has a "2" in it, I need the value added from D2 to B6
If A3 has a "2" in it, I need the value added from D2 to B6

Thanks for anyone who can help.

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Dman,

try on sheet3 D12,

=if((sheet2!A2=1),(d12formula+sheet2!d2),(d12formu la))

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"dman" escreveu:

I'm about to pull out my hair on this one..
I have multiple sheets I'm working with (3). If sheet2, cell A2 contains
"1", then I need sheet 2, d2's value to be added onto sheet3, d12.

I need this to check cells a2 through a12, and for a value of 1 through 10.

This formula is waaayyyy over my head, but it cuts down my calculation time
while Im on patrol. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you