Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandih Sandih is offline

Default How to count the number of 'values' in a cell

Hi

I am after something that seems simple, but I can't figure out a way to
do it.

If I have a single cell containing a list of values seperated by a
comma (ie a csv list in a cell), how do I count the number of values.
I figure it must be by counting the commas somehow and then adding one
as the last doesn't have it, but there is no way to tell how many there
will be.

My cell contents look like this
18911, 18801, 18825, 18482, 18941

so I want to have another cell return the number 5.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards
Sandi

--