Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Look up date on another sheet and do count of active cells (column

Will that date appear once or more times on the other sheet?

Maybe something like

=COUNTA(OFFSET(Sheet2!A1,MATCH(TODAY(),Sheet2!A1:A 1000,0)-1,0,1,256))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"gary m" <gary wrote in message
I have an Excel summary sheet that retrieves daily data from departmental
sheets based on date search (eg. TODAY()-1,etc.. I need a formula that

will
go to the sheet, search for the date and then "Count" the cells in columns
next to the date that have data. I have used vlookup to find specific

cells
but can't seem to 'count' multiple cells/columns next to the date. As you

can
see, I am somewhat an inexperienced user. Thanks for the help.