Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Adding up multiple cells

Excel formulas are limited to 30 arguments.

You will have to find some other way.

Sheila's suggesyion has merit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:19:01 -0700, Sheila D
wrote:

I seem to think that the maximum length of a text string is something like
250 characters which is probably what is causing the problem. Can you add up
the 3 cells in each book and then just include the totals in your new book?
HTH - Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com
MS Office training - London

"Andy" wrote:

I have 21 workbooks. I need to add up 3 cells out of each workbook and place
it in a seperate workbook. In other words how do I add up 60 cells or so? I
have tried by just opening the workbooks and then highlighting the cells and
then adding them up but I can only get 25 cells or so.

Any idea's or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again!