Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] julio.vazquez@medcere.com is offline

Default Linking a Specific Word to a Specific Number

Hell all,

I have a workbook which contains several worksheets. Each worksheet
contains specific data as text with an ID number. i.e. Hip ID number
is 2. The word Hip and its ID number are located in the Body Part
worksheet. There's a main worksheet named Map, which is where I would
like to be able to type the word Hip and have the ID number
automatically appear in a specific cell in the Map worksheet.

This is the Body Part worksheet

Body Part ID Body Part
1 Shoulder
2 Hip
3 Knee

This is the map:

Category ID Body Part Complaint Element Group Question
2 (cell b6) Hip (cell I6)

I would like to type the word Hip under body part on cell I6 and have
the number 2 appear automatically in the Category ID cell b6.

Thanks in advance