JulieD

Hi TBD

okay, got you now :) the way i would do it is
1) in the workbook press the Alt & F11 key to go into the VBE window
2) choose insert / userform
3) add a label to the userform (click on the label control on the toolbox,
click on the userform)
4) type your text message
5) add a command button to the user form (click on the command button
control, click on the userform)
6) click on the command button and then in the properties window (view /
properties window if you can't see it) in the NAME field type cmdOK and in
the caption field type OK and accelerator key type O
7) double click on the command button and type in the sub
Unload me

now in your original macro type
userform1.show

between
Sub tomsmacro()
Sheets("Form").Select

and test

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"TBD" wrote in message
Hi Julie,

The macro runs for only one workbook. I haven't created the text
information box yet, that is what I was originally trying to do by
creating a
form.

The macro is going to be called when I open the workbook (i.e Auto_Open).

I appreciate your helps on this!!

TBD

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi TBD

makes a bit more sense now - but your "text information box" where is
that
living currently? also, does this macro run for one workbook or more than
one workbok (ie is it stored in a module in a workbook or is it stored in
personal? and what event fires it now?

Cheers
JulieD

"TBD" wrote in message
Hi Julie,

Sorry, but I think I'm trying to confuse matters. Basically, I have a
macro
that contains a number of input boxes. I would like a text information
box
to display itself before these Input boxes.

I know this shouldn't be difficult but I've copied the macro and I'm
not
particularly great with Excel Visual Basic!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give! My macro is below:

' Macro written by Tom Hannah on 27th January 2005
' All notes appear in green
'************************************************* **************************
'Specify Visual Basic Options
Option Explicit 'must declare all variable
Option Compare Text 'Not case sensitive
Option Base 1 'declare lower bound of array to 1
'_________________________________________________ ______
'Defining Varianble
Dim names As String
Dim emp As String
Dim cost As String
Dim ord As String
'_________________________________________________ ____
'Declare Property
Property Get pMyPath()
pMyPath = ThisWorkbook.Path 'define path of this module
End Property

'************************************************* *******************************

Sub tomsmacro()
Sheets("Form").Select
Range("b3").Select
names = InputBox("Please enter your name", "Employee Name",
Range("b3").Value)
ActiveCell.Value = names
Range("b6").Select
emp = InputBox("Please enter Vehicle(s) Booked", "Vehicle",
Range("b6").Value)
ActiveCell.Value = emp
Range("b9").Select
cost = InputBox("Please enter the dates of Vehicle Booking",
"Dates",
Range("b9").Value)
ActiveCell.Value = cost
Range("b12").Select
ord = InputBox("Please enter your specific prep requests (if any)",
"Prep Requests", Range("b12").Value)
ActiveCell.Value = ord
End Sub

---- snip