Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Excel 2003: date display issue

Thank!

How do I change the entire column of dates?

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Andrew,

is not necessary to use Year, Day or month function on this formula:
use date=(79,8,31)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Andrew" escreveu:

In the cell which contained the date, 08/31/1979, I inserted the following
formula:

=DATE(YEAR(79),DAY(31),MONTH(8))

Here is what I got: 01/07/1902

"Andrew" wrote:

Thanks for your reply. However, I'm not sure what you are suggesting I do.

" wrote:

This formula should fix your problem (where your back-to-front date is
in cell A1):

=DATE(YEAR(A1),DAY(A1),MONTH(A1))

J.

Andrew wrote:

I saved data from a CVS file to Excel. I have a list of dates which display
as mm/dd/yyyy. However, when I try to sort the dates, they are organized by
month first, then day, then year as opposed to year, month, day, which is how
I would like it to sort the info.

I have another list of dates which is being read by Excel as dd/mm/yyyy but
in fact, the way it is organized, should be read as mm/dd/yyyy. So the
digits of 10/03/1962 should stay in the same order and be read as October 03,
1962. But Excel is reading it as March 10, 1962 because when I format the
date to m/dd/yy it reverses the 3 and the 10.