Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default More sort options - do they exist?

If you're using xl2003 (and maybe xl2002, I don't remember), you could apply
data|Filter|autofilter to the range.

Then use the dropdown to sort by individual columns (do it 4 times in reverse
order of importance).

You could also float a rectangle over the header in each column and use a macro
to sort by that column (again, you'd have to do it 4 times in reverse order of
importance).

But Debra Dalgleish has some setup code and code to do the work:
http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html

shaunl wrote:

Hi everyone,
I have a worksheet where I have to sort data in four columns, yet excel
provides the options (Data Sort) to only sort 3 columns.

Are there options to sort through more columns?

I need to be able to sort in the order of the four columns and the file
can be found here -
http://www.waratahs.com.au/DrawsandC...r-DOWNLOAD.xls
The data to be sorted is between B5-O16 and then sorted in the
following order:
1. PTS - Descending
2. W - Descending
3. L - Ascending
4. % - Descending

How do I do this? Any help would be great.

Cheers

--
shaunl
shaunl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25140